A dear friend of mine introduced me to this tea forever ago and to be truthful, I forgot all about it. Since my horrific habit of smoking is now done, I’ve been trying to find tasty things to help my bod get back on track and I again returned for a look at Red Rooibos tea.
I already knew that it wasn’t technically a tea and that it’s from South Africa, but I had NO idea the level of healing properties this bad boy had. I’m borrowing my information from various websites, but found a fantastic short-list of health benefits. It looks amazing, but I just started drinking it because it was naturally caffeine free but didn’t taste like dishwater. I would highly recommend this tea – it’s yummm, caffeine free and tastes amazing cold and hot. See for yourself and down about 8 cups per day. I do this when I need some “flushing” (not a laxative!) and I’m beyond tired of water! Let me know what you think of the Rooibos tea.
Nutritional Value: Red rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can also be consumed by those people who have kidney stones. Rooibos tea is rich in many mineral contents such as iron, calcium,potassium, copper, fluoride, manganese, zinc, magnesium and alpha hydroxy.
Benefits: Red rooibos tea is one of the best health drink or beverage for all those who care for their health and fitness. Some of the beneficial factors related to red rooibos tea are as follows:
- Polyphenols: Rooibos contains polyphenols that has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-mutagenic qualities.
- No Caffeine: Rooibos tea is totally caffeine-free, therefore it is recommended by doctors for insomniacs. A cup of rooibos beverage just before going to bed can help you sleep better.
- Good for Bones: Red tea is rich in calcium,manganese and fluoride minerals that assist in good bone structure and stronger teeth.
- Infant Relief: It can be useful for little infants who suffer from colic or stomach pains. You may add some sweetened milk to the tea for added taste.
- Good for Skin: The alpha hydroxyl acid and zinc contents in red tea are best for skin. You can also try applying some red tea powder directly to the skin to relieve acne, pimples, sunburns or related skin conditions.
- Kidney Stones: Even people with stone problem can drink as much red rooibos tea as they want as there is no oxalic acid in the beverage.
- Hypertension: Rooibos tea is said to bring relief to stress, nervous tensions and hypertension conditions.
- Anti-spasmodic Agents: The tea is rich in anti-spasmodic agents, which eases severe stomach cramps and abdominal pains.
- Allergies: In many parts of South Africa, red tea is used as an effective curative to treat allergies likeeczema, hay fever and allergic bronchitis.
- Slows Aging: The anti-oxidants present in rooibos tea slows down human aging process and also boost the immunity levels of human body.
- Great Beverage: Red rooibos tea is an excellent thirst quencher and does wonders for active people such as sportsmen, hyper active children and constant travelers. Most people love to drink rooibos tea in its natural form without any sweeteners.
- Rare Nutrients: Rooibos tea is said to contain rare nutrient contents such as Quercetin and Bioflavanoid that assists in good blood circulation and obstructs hemorrhaging. (Information from organicfacts.net)